Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Mahatma Gandhi's Memorial (Smriti)



\
The same day we visited the Nehru Museum and the Indira Gandhi Memorial, we went to the Mohandas K. Gandhi Smriti,.or memorial.

There is also a museum across the street, but late afternoon Usha and I were worn out from the heat. Maybe next week,

Here is the walkway leading to the Smriti. Withn the archway we had to remove our shoes.







This is past the arch into the central grounds, There were lines of cloth put out to walk on to keep our feet from burning,. I accidentally got off one of those cloths - OH MY WORD, IT WAS SO HOT.  I was afraid I had burned my feet, but fortunately not. 






And here is the memorial itself. Isn't beautiful?

I'm halfway through an Indian-printed English language of Gandhi's autobiography My Experimoents with Truth. Actually I wonder if it was originally in English. Quite the inspiring read, despite the typos in this edition.


No comments:

Post a Comment